This information applies to you only if you are a student who is planning to enroll in:
May 2018, 18-week teleclasses
April 2018, residential - Fort Collins, CO
June 2018, residential - Sisters, OR
July 2018, residential - Syracuse, NY
Our Coach Certification program is available following completion of our Core Coach Training program. You have 12 months following the completion of training to complete the components of certification. View the full Certification Handbook.
The Certification Process
1. Complete lesson feedback surveys for each lesson (one per lesson for the 18-week course; one for the 4-day course);
2. Pay the core certification fee (when you register for the Core Coach Training Program for a $50 savings, or pay separately later for $650) which includes the cost of:
3. Provide proof of prerequisites (which will determine eligibility for the "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" or "Certified Personal Coach" designations);
4. Agree to adhere to all principles set forth in the Certification and Branding Agreement;
5. Submit practice client information demonstrating goal writing skills; and,
6. Submit your own Wellness Vision.
Two Wellcoaches Certification Options
We offer two distinct certifications based on the previous education and experience of the student:
1. The "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" for credentialed health professionals who wish to use coaching skills in working with patients or clients to improve their health and wellbeing. As a Health and Wellness Coach, you will be an expert facilitator of mindset and behavior change that generates sustainable healthy lifestyles, which prevent or treat disease, and foster well-being and thriving. If you do not meet the standard prerequisites for the "Health and Wellness Coach" certification, you may apply for a waiver.
2. The "Certified Personal Coach" for non-health professionals who wish to use coaching skills in areas such as leadership and executive coaching to improve performance and wellbeing. As a Personal Coach, you can apply the universal principles of behavior change to support clients in increasing productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.
The fee for Core Certification is $650 when purchased separately once enrolled as a student, or is offered at a $50 discount when purchased at the same time as the Core Coach Training Program. See individual programs page to purchase the bundled discount specific to each course.
If you have not completed any of the certification components (written exam, practical skills assessment, submission of practice client data, or the Organize Your Mind class), you may request a refund for certification fees less 5% administrative costs. Certification refund requests must be received in writing via mail or email.
Wellcoaches Certified Health & Wellness Coaches and Certified Personal Coaches are required to recertify every 3 years. Our Certification Handbook describes full details. Wellcoaches offers Coach Continuing Education through its Wellcoaches Membership in order to meet the recertification requirements.