Endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine since 2004, our Coach Certification program is available following completion of our Core Coach Training program. You have 12 months following the completion of training to complete the components of certification.
The Certification Process
1. Complete lesson feedback surveys for each lesson (one per lesson for the 18-week course; one for the 4-day course);
2. Pay the core certification fee (when you register for the Core Coach Training Program for a $50 savings, or pay separately later for $650) which includes the cost of:
3. Provide proof of prerequisites (which will determine eligibility for the "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" or "Certified Personal Coach" designations);
4. Agree to adhere to all principles set forth in the Certification and Branding Agreement;
5. Submit practice client information demonstrating goal writing skills; and,
6. Submit your own Wellness Vision.
Two Wellcoaches Certification Options
We offer two distinct certifications based on the previous education and experience of the student:
1. The "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" for credentialed health professionals who wish to use coaching skills in working with patients or clients to improve their health and wellbeing. As a Health and Wellness Coach, you will be an expert facilitator of mindset and behavior change that generates sustainable healthy lifestyles, which prevent or treat disease, and foster well-being and thriving.
2. The "Certified Personal Coach" for non-health professionals who wish to use coaching skills in areas such as leadership and executive coaching to improve performance and wellbeing. As a Personal Coach, you can apply the universal principles of behavior change to support clients in increasing productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.
Wellcoaches Certified Health & Wellness Coaches and Certified Personal Coaches are required to recertify every 3 years. Our Certification Handbook describes full details. Wellcoaches offers Coach Continuing Education through its Coach-in-Practice Membership in order to meet the recertification requirements.
To advance the field, Wellcoaches co-founded and co-leads the International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching, which has partnered with the National Board of Medical Examiners to deliver a national board certification for health & wellness coaches. The coach credential is NBC-HWC, national board certified health and wellness coaches. The certification will be delivered twice a year starting in 2018. Visit ichwc.org for registration and deadlines.The Wellcoaches ACSM-endorsed certified Wellcoach® credential continues to offer coaches and their employers and clients a gold standard, higher than the minimum national standards set by ICHWC. Read the certification examination resource guide. Wellcoaches offers a national exam preparation course for its Certified, Wellcoach Members.
Testimonial from a student in the national certification exam preparation course:
I wanted to personally thank you so much for offering this exam prep course for us Wellcoaches. I have been certified since 2012 through you and it’s been awhile since I took a Coach In Practice class since I’ve been working on some other certifications and been busy coaching, but taking this class reminded me of the positivity and level of quality Wellcoaches puts forth in everything it does. Another place would have cut the class at 7:30 but you gave us the full information even though it added a half hour. I also appreciated the tips and reassurances on taking the exam as well. It is quite nerve wracking to be a pioneer with so little information on the exam and not knowing what the passing score is heading into it, but I am typically an early adopter and knew I wanted to support this new certification so here I am! Your calm perspective has helped me a great deal. Wellcoaches has always been a class act I am proud to be certified with and I encourage other coaches to get it on a regular basis. Thanks again for all your help—keep up the great work! - Melanie