Endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine since 2004, our Coach Certification program is available following completion of our Core Coach Training program. You have 12 months following the completion of training to complete the components of certification.
The Certification Process
1. Complete lesson feedback surveys for each lesson (one per lesson for the 18-week course; one for the 4-day course);
2. Pay the core certification fee (when you register for the Core Coach Training Program for a $50 savings, or pay separately later for $650) which includes the cost of:
3. Provide proof of prerequisites (which will determine eligibility for the "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" or "Certified Personal Coach" designations);
4. Agree to adhere to all principles set forth in the Certification and Branding Agreement;
5. Submit practice client information demonstrating goal writing skills; and,
6. Submit your own Wellness Vision.
Two Wellcoaches Certification Options
We offer two distinct certifications based on the previous education and experience of the student:
1. The "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" for credentialed health professionals who wish to use coaching skills in working with patients or clients to improve their health and wellbeing. As a Health and Wellness Coach, you will be an expert facilitator of mindset and behavior change that generates sustainable healthy lifestyles, which prevent or treat disease, and foster well-being and thriving.
2. The "Certified Personal Coach" for non-health professionals who wish to use coaching skills in areas such as leadership and executive coaching to improve performance and wellbeing. As a Personal Coach, you can apply the universal principles of behavior change to support clients in increasing productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.
Wellcoaches Certified Health & Wellness Coaches and Certified Personal Coaches are required to recertify every 3 years. Our Certification Handbook describes full details. Wellcoaches offers Coach Continuing Education through its Coach-in-Practice Membership in order to meet the recertification requirements.
To advance the field, Wellcoaches co-founded and co-leads the International Consortium for Credentialing Health & Wellness Coaches, which has partnered with the National Board of Medical Examiners to deliver a national board certification for health & wellness coaches. Registration for the certification examination opens February 2017 and the examination will be held September 2-16, 2017 at test centers around the country. The coach credential is NBC-HWC, national board certified health and wellness coaches. The certification will be delivered twice a year starting in 2018. The Wellcoaches ACSM-endorsed certified Wellcoach® credential continues to offer coaches and their employers and clients a gold standard, higher than the minimum standards set by ICHWC.